Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day Thirty Five

Yea I know, I'm late with this report.  We went out last night to see some friends playing at a place called Bodega Blue in Vero Beach.  Nice little place with a funky vibe and a beer selection that would satisfy even the snobbiest beer snob.  This was also the evening for the  Downtown Friday street extravaganza, so there was quite a crowd.  Our musical friends, Patti & Frank with Gary on electric stand up bass, really did a great job, some spontaneous sing alongs even broke out.  The menu at  Bodega Blue is limited, but so far everything we've had there has been really great.  Check it out if your in downtown Vero.
    I worked in the studio a bit yesterday, just refining and cleaning things up.  I've noticed some frequencies bouncing around on playback of my vocal tracks. I think I may need to construct some sound absorbers and maybe put some bass traps in the corners of the room to tame these wild creatures.  I've seen some good DIY videos on building these sound absorbers and it should be an easy project, I just need to find some purple cloth to cover them in.  I'll let you know how it works out.
Have a great weekend, Here's your daily dose of wisdom:

Music should never be harmless.
 Robbie Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment