Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day Eighteen

I received the new Taylor guitar newsletter today, those guys sure can make a picture of a guitar look scrumptious.  I bought my Taylor 812C several years ago, well, now that I'm thinking about it, it was more like sixteen years ago.   Time flies when your playing a nice guitar.  So now every so often, I find these beautifully assembled newsletters with pictures of their latest offerings in my mailbox.  I believe they're trying to tempt me.
   I got an invitation to play a gig in NC today but had to pass on it due to a scheduling conflict.  I hate when that happens.  Maybe next time the opportunity arises I'll be able to get away.  I also had my good friend Rich Mermer invite me to go to Nashville for the CAAS, "Chet Atkins Appreciation Society" annual gathering.  Rich builds some beautiful guitars and travels to shows all over the country to show off his stuff.  But once again, duty called, and I could not act as his co-pilot and navigator.  I hope he makes it safely without my spiritual guidance.
   I guess that's about it for today, here's your daily dose of wisdom.

I don't read music. I don't write it. So I wander around on the guitar until something starts to present itself.
James Taylor 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah -- I got one of those Taylor glossies too -- the one with the Cowsill kid holding my future T5... dreamin' on...

    ReplyDelete