Monday, July 12, 2010

Day Twenty One & Weekend Update

Not much activity this weekend,  I got together with Norm "the most dangerous man in folk music" McDonald, and Bob "Guitar" Bronar for a little practice session on Sunday morning.  We worked off some of the rust and ran over a new tune a couple of times.  We're preparing for a couple gigs coming up on the 23rd and 24th of this month.  The band members are scattered all over the northern half of the state,  it's like a miracle when we get together to play and everything just falls into place.  I'm not sure if we're really good or really lucky, but I'll settle for being really lucky, at least until we're really good.

Another Monday bites the dust.  It's starting off to be a slow week, but I feel the tidal surge coming in.  I'm sure that before I know it I'll be up to my ears in all sorts of crazy projects.
  I went out on a mission of mercy today.  A friends dog was hit by a car on Friday and the poor pup didn't make it.  He'd only had the dog for a few months and was quite attached to him.  Fortunately the breeder still had one of his brothers from the same litter who looks very similar to the original dog in stock.  So a deal was made, and I drove him over to pick up his new buddy (buddy was actually the deceased dog's name).   Buddy 2 seems to be falling right into line, I think the healing has begun.  And so the circle of life is complete.
    Other than that, not much to report.  I think I'll make this a short one and just give you your daily dose of wisdom.


"If there is no heaven for dogs, then I want to go where they go when I die."
    -Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment