Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day Thirty Two

      I got that super sonic rolling TV stand completed today, only to have my favorite customer change the game plan.  I had to carefully disassemble it and prepare to re-group tomorrow for a second assault.  You've got to love it!
     While I was in limbo I scoured the internet for various recording information and products.  I usually check out the Logic Forum, they have a lot of helpful tips and information on working in Logic.  I rarely get involved in any of the conversations, but you can learn a lot just by lurking in the shadows.
I figure if I wait long enough someone else will ask the stupid question I was going to ask, and then I wont have to look like a dork.
       I always check out equipment reviews also, not that I really need anything, but someone said knowledge is power, and I can always use more power.  The microphone reviews are always good to read.  But after reading all the reviews, and listening to what the pros have to say, it looks like the bottom line is you need different mics for different things. For  example, on vocals, a mic that works well on a baritone
voice  probably wont work well for a female vocalist.  So  your going to have two different microphones that are probably over a thousand bucks a piece, and some really high enders can be in the three to five thousand dollar range.  This can add up fast, but if your going to do the job correctly you need the right equipment.  So save your pennies, life aint cheap!
    Until tomorrow, your daily words of wisdom:

My friend has a baby. I'm recording all the noises he makes so later I can ask him what he meant.
Steven Wright 

No comments:

Post a Comment