Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day Twenty Two

Sorry, I'm running behind.  Yesterday was our twenty fifth wedding anniversary!  Holey Moses, where does the time go?  It seems like only yesterday we were downing bottles of Lancers Rose and getting crazy.  Now were pretty happy if we have enough energy to stay up past ten o'clock to see the early news.   Our goal is to make it another twenty five, so we can put those before and after photos in the paper on our fiftieth!  There always a bit scary.  It's funny when you look at those pictures and think, man, I'm glad we don't look that bad....... yet!
    Well today I had to build a counter top, then deliver and install it.  That was a pretty painful operation.  I think that when the construction industry moved from wooden studs to metal studs it was one of the signs of the apocalypse.  I'm sure I speak for everyone who has ever tried to screw anything to a wall constructed of metal studs when I say, those things are pure crap!   My house is constructed of wooden studs, and I believe it was one reason we chose to go with that particular builder.  I'm thinking of starting a metal stud hate group.  I'm sure it would have a large membership.   Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

   That's it for today, here's your daily words of wisdom.

      If God wanted us to build houses with metal studs, he wouldn't have given us so many trees!
  Me
  

No comments:

Post a Comment