Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day Thirty Three

I spent the day at the shop working on a couple projects, all I can  say is holy crap, was it hot.  I rode my Motorcycle into work this morning, and the morning air was a beautiful thing.  The ride home, on the other hand,  was brutal.  The low gas warning light came on as I was heading home, and my odometer showed I had gone 210 miles on that tank of gas.  These BMW's are some glorious machines, but they do require fuel to operate properly.   I've seen a few owners say that they have run out of gas when the gauge still showed a quarter tank, so rather than chance it I decided to fill up on the way home.  By the time I negotiated the road construction and every slow moving vehicle on the road I thought I would die of heat stroke.  Fortunately I didn't run out of go juice before I got to the station.  By the time I got home my helmet was dripping wet, I was pretty sure my brain had liquified and was now running down my back.  It kind of reminded me of a ride my brother and I took one time through the middle of Georgia in the dead of summer.  Not one of our brighter ideas.  So I'm sitting here drinking gobs of water trying to recover from another wonderful day.  I wonder if I can bribe the weathermen to send us a cold front, I'm willing to pay big bucks.
Until tomorrow, here's your daily dose of wisdom:

 
People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.
Alexei Sayle 

No comments:

Post a Comment