Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day Twenty Seven

I had some time to work on the pirate song today, I think the kids are going to love it.  I'm still refining my recording process and a song like this is great to experiment with.  My concept is to record the song all the way through doing the guitar and vocal simultaneously, like a live performance.  Then I set up two new tracks and record the guitar part in stereo with no vocal track while monitoring the original tracks.  This way I can follow the original tracks so I don't get lost, and when I'm done the two new tracks are just the rhythm tracks with no vocal.   After that I can re-record the vocal a few times and piece together the best takes.  While it may sound like a pain in the ass, the Logic program makes it quite easy to accomplish.  And the results are well worth the effort.
   In other news today, my lawn was diagnosed to have chinch bugs!  Yes, those little bastards have been doing a number on my yard for some time now, and I just couldn't take it anymore.  I called in the cavalry!
I hate the idea of squirting poison all over the yard, but at this point, it's me or them.  And I'm not going anywhere.
   That about wraps up another day in the life.  Until tomorrow.
 
Your Daily Words of Wisdom:

Johnny Mercer: "I could eat alphabet soup and s**t better lyrics." 

  

1 comment:

  1. Let the little bastards eat you Saint Augustine lawn, and replace it with perennial peanut -- not fertilizer, no water, no bugs -- very lawn like, only needs to be mowed a couple time a year, and produces neat little bright yellow flowers.... trust me on this one.

    ReplyDelete