Monday, July 19, 2010

Day Twenty Six

Another exciting day in the life of a renaissance man.  With a couple upcoming shows to play, I've been feverishly working on musical pursuits.  Friday morning we are playing a kids show at the Library here in town.  Yes, a kids show!  Normally we avoid these type of gigs, as It's a pretty sure bet that at some point I will say something that is probably not rated PG.  On average, I will put my foot in my mouth at least once every hour during a show, I'm sure while playing in front of young impressionable minds, the average will go up considerably.  On the bright side it's only an hour show, What could go wrong?
   It turns out this is Pirate week at the library, an annual summer program event.  I didn't initially think anything of it, we were assured we could just play our usual fare.  But as I have seen this slowly unfolding with several promotional blurbs in the newspaper, I think we've been had.  Every add I've seen so far claims we have added pirate songs to our repertoire!  Holy Sh....!  After scouring the internet for appropriate pirate songs, and finding most of them having to do with murder, drinking and looting, I knew the only option was to write one.  So I put on my writers cap and got to work, I think it's going to work.  I wrote it yesterday, made a rough recording today and sent it off to the band.  It just doesn't get any better than this
   Wish us luck.  Here's your daily dose of wisdom.

English Proverb
 
A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.

No comments:

Post a Comment