Monday, July 5, 2010

Day Sixteen

I hope everyone had a safe Fourth, and still has all ten of their fingers attached and functioning.  I read  about a guy who blew his entire arm off  while entertaining the family with fireworks yesterday.  That can put a real damper on the festivities.  It always amazes me the lengths some parents will go to in order to teach their children the dangers that are lurking out there just waiting to take them out.  No one said good parenting is easy!
   I took the day off from my usual duties for the bogus holiday, "The Fifth of July", who ever heard of such a thing.  I think it's a sign of the lack of motivation in this country, we're making up holidays just so we can goof off guilt free.  I probably speak for the minority, but when I goof off, I want to feel the appropriate level of guilt for having shirked my responsibilities.   After all, what's the sense of goofing off if  it's been approved by the state and federal government.  It's like them telling you to burn your draft card, it just takes all the fun out of it.   Oh well, maybe just to get even, I'll take off on the sixth of July too.  I'm pretty sure they haven't turned that into a holiday yet!
Until Tomorrow, your daily words of wisdom.

  Life aint worth livin' without a good story.
     Charley W. Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment