Monday, August 2, 2010

Day Thirty Six

I've been at this for thirty six days without missing a beat, but the time has come for a short intermission.  I'll be heading out for North Carolina tomorrow morning and will probably not be in close proximity to the internet for most of the week.  So I'll take notes of our adventure in the pines and update the blog when I return.  I'm really looking forward to some cool mountain air and some sweet rolling hills.  I know of no better cure for the summer time blues.  While I love Florida for about nine months of the year, I truly hate the summers here.  One of my crazier friends actually goes through the entire summer without turning on his AC.  He hasn't yet figured out why no one will  pay him a visit during this time of the year, his sister even told him she would not visit him until the fall.  Maybe he really does it so everyone will leave him alone?  I'd prefer people stopping by and bugging the shit out of me rather than live without the comforts of air conditioning.  Oh well, as Mom used to say, "to each his own".
   Have a great week, until I return, here's your daily dose of wisdom:

No vacation goes unpunished.  ~Karl Hakkarainen

No comments:

Post a Comment