Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day Thirty Four

Today I delivered the super sonic rolling TV cart, and it was met with rave reviews.  Yes, another happy customer.  It was a heavy duty project designed to match some heavy duty shelves in this house.  The top and bottom were made of a double width of 2 x 12, glued and clamped together with 2 x 4 mending plates on the bottom side.  The corner post were made of 2 x 4.  Everything was lag bolted together and then I put some heavy duty casters on the bottom.  I made the mistake of building it on the workbench, which seemed like a good idea until I realized I was going to have to set it on the ground by myself.  I'm thinking this thing weighed about 120 pounds, but I managed with only minor back injuries.  I'm glad that one is history.  I've determined that playing music is a lot less physically demanding than building things, and probably just as profitable.
     I did a little recording in the studio, cleaning up some vocal tracks.  I've been using an Avalon 737 mic pre amp for a little while now, and I'm really liking what it does to the vocals.  I was a bit apprehensive at first about spending the money on it, but I'm glad now that I did.  It really has made a difference in the tracks I've used it on.
  Until Tomorrow, here's your daily dose of wisdom:

Let's hope you feel better now.
Jack Kevorkian 

No comments:

Post a Comment