Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day Sixty Seven

After working on promotional things for a couple of days, I've determined you could spend the entire week on your computer sending out e-mails and show promos.  But that doesn't seem all that musical to me.  I guess it all comes down to time management.  I think once I've got this Reverbnation thing set up I'll set aside one day of the week for updating it.  Then I can get back to writing and recording on a regular basis.  It's that or hire an assistant, and seeing as how I can't even pay myself, I don't think that option is going to work out all that well.
     I'm still refining my carnie song.  I know, your thinking how long can a guy screw around with one song.   I've got issues with the way words and phrases sound, I never could afford the necessary therapy to rise above this affliction.   A line may makes sense and seems to fit, but if it doesn't slip right into my ear, I just can't live with it.  It's kind of like a puzzle piece that almost works but isn't quite right, you just can't force it.  Soon, very soon, it will all come together.
Until tomorrow, here's your daily dose of wisdom:


'Writing is the hardest way of earning a living, with the possible exception of wrestling alligators.
William Saroyan

No comments:

Post a Comment