Friday, September 17, 2010

Day Sixty Four

Here it is Friday again, that time of the week when you have to stop and ask yourself if you've earned your keep.   A time to reflect upon your labors and see if in some small way you have made a difference in the world.   Maybe you didn't find a cure for malaria or come up with a plan to save the global economy, but those things are best left to the professionals.  And if after thoughtful consideration you feel as if you haven't met your personal goals for the week, remember, there is always next week.  The world will still be a mess, and there will be a million small ways for you to help make it better.  Carry on!
     No music today, I had some work to do at the Winchester mansion.  It's not actually the Winchester mansion, but it reminds me of that because it has had so many additions, it's almost in two different zip codes.  Stairways to nowhere, and two story decking.  It's quite a unique structure, and now I have added my own special touches which I shall not elaborate on.  Every time I think I'm finishing this project up, another wave of creativity strikes the owner and I'm adding on to the mansion once again.   It's like one of those stories where the gypsy tells the owner that as long as he keeps adding to the house he will never die. But I think we all know how that story ends, we find out the gypsies brother owns the local lumber yard.
  Until next week, here's your daily dose of wisdom:

    
Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. And scratch where it itches.


           Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment