Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day Fifty four

Today I went on various missions for my pregnant daughter.  She is in full nesting mode and I'm doing my best to accommodate her.  She has some grandiose decorating concepts for the baby's room, and I have been elected to help my son in law with the project.  Being handy isn't  all it's cracked up to be.   But honestly, I don't mind helping out in this time of need, after all that's what fathers are for.  We'll be putting bead board on the lower 2/3 of the wall and capping it off with chair rail, along with some window trim.  I'm sure it will look stunning, my greatest fear is that it will look so stunning she'll want to do it in other rooms.  We'll do our best without exceeding her expectations, that usually works.
    No time in the studio today, but I managed to wrangle up a gig for january at the world famous Yalaha Bakery.  If you've never visited the place you owe it to yourself to get there.  It's an old world german style bakery, amazing fresh baked goods and german treats.  It's a life altering experience.  Maybe we'll see you there in January.
   That's it for today, Here's your daily words of wisdom:

It is much easier to become a father than to be one." 
Kent Nerburn

1 comment:

  1. We did that decorating scheme in both bathrooms and liked it so much we did the master bedroom... have fund gramps, you'll be bead-boarding that wall for years to come!

    p.s. don't forget protect your corn hole!

    ReplyDelete