Monday, November 1, 2010

Day Ninety One and the Weekend Update

I'll start off with Friday's adventures.  I worked all day in Cabinet Land, not much adventure there.  Friday evening we made our way down to Vero Beach to hear our good friends The Frank, Patty, and Gary Trio, they were playing at Bodega Blue.  Frank can play almost anything with strings on it, and he does it all well, Patty is a great vocalist and guitar player and Gary plays bass with Patti and Frank when he's not playing with the Brevard Symphony Orchestra.  The did a great job as always.  The place has some really tasty food and a beer selection that would blow your mind.  They have a great line up of musicians passing through their doors, make sure to check it out if your in the area.
   Saturday, Bob "Guitar" Bronar and I worked on getting the kinks out of our sound system.   We have two eight channel boards and when the entire Gang shows up we need to link them together to have enough channels for everyone.  We've never been able to make this work as intended, but with a little patience and a lot of head scratching, we figured it out.  Now we have sixteen channels to work with, bring on the pips.
   Sunday brought in some cooler air, so I got out in the yard and did some bush whacking.  After avoiding most outdoor activities for the entire summer, it was in need of some reigning in.  I wore myself out dragging giant palm fronds out to the curb. I did my best not to get stabbed by those deadly thorns from the Canary Island Palms, I think you could really do someone in with those things.
   I guess that's enough for now, until tomorrow, here's your daily dose of wisdom:

   A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D.  Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B.  ~"Fats" Domino

No comments:

Post a Comment