Monday, November 22, 2010

Day One Hundred Five

What a great weekend! The weather was perfect for the Ormond Riverfest.  Sunny with a high of about eighty and cool breezes blowing from the north all weekend.
      I actually got to see a few other folks play music this time.  We're usually so busy running around from one set to the next and getting in some over due practice sessions we don't get to hear anyone else play.  The leisurely schedule was greatly appreciated.  Thanks to Chuck and Pat Spano and all the Ormond Beach Main Street folks for all the hard work involved in putting this event together.  It was great!
   I was approached by a woman after our last set on Sunday who told me she got goose bumps when we did "I'm an American", she said she has never heard a song quite like it.  She apparently is well connected in the radio business and is a personal friend of Glen Beck, you can probably see where this is going now.  Well anyway, she is convinced that this song has the potential to propel my musical career into the stratosphere.  While I don't like the idea of selling out, my options for retiring comfortably are looking more limited all the time.  So bring on the Bud Light commercials, I'm ready!
  Until tomorrow, here's your daily dose of wisdom:

Confidence is the feeling you sometimes have before you fully understand the situation.
   Unknown

2 comments: