Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day One Hundred Seven

I realize that I was MIA on day one hundred six, I have a good excuse, really!  I had visiting dignitaries in from out of town and had to entertain them in the only way I know how.  I prepared my world famous chicken cacciatore to rave reviews.  We also managed to polish off a bottle and a half of wine.  I was very close to crossing my threshold for insane ramblings and sharing my personal philosopies.  Fortunately my govenor kicked in before I had to be sent to my room.  It's almost to bad, because normally, I have no idea what I'm thinking, and it's good to check in with myself every now and then for an update.
   I gave them the studio tour and it turns out this particular dignitary is using the same program for recording that I am.  Yes, a fellow studio nerd!  So he picked my brain a little bit, and I passed on what I thought was any helpful advice I could think of.  One thing I've learned as I have travelled down the rocky road of music production is this, you only need to have one thing to make great sounding recordings, MONEY!  If you've got plenty of that, the rest is cake.
   Tomorrow I'll be celebrating Thanksgiving, so I'll not be reporting in. 
 Until Friday, here's your Thanksgiving words of wisdom:

Why did they let the turkey join the band?

Because he had the drumsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment