Monday, August 23, 2010

Day Forty Six & Weekend Update

Sorry I didn't have a Friday report, but the band was playing a gig in Eustis that evening.  So I'll just have to squeeze four days worth of crap into one report.
      Friday we played the State Theatre as part of a fund raiser for the Lake County Folk Festival along with Jonathon Hodge, fiddle player extraordinaire accompanied by Larry Dolamore and Cyd Ward, super songstress, doing the solo thing.  It was a fun evening and we wrapped it up with one of those super sonic everyone on stage Ashley Gang sing alongs.   Good times.
    Saturday we hung out at our favorite retreat, Joel and Margie's house of refuge, and ate ourselves into a coma.  Then prepared for our gig at Olivia's Coffee House.  Another wonderful evening of music, car crashes and a lot of laughs.  The folks in Eustis spoiled us rotten, no wonder we love that place.  Make sure to check out Olivia's if your ever in the area, they're not just a coffee house, they have some really great food there as well.
    Then there's today, back to the grind.  I'm still working on the Palm Beach project, but it's nearing completion.  The bad news is once it's done I'll have to go back to the devils lair to deliver it, lord protect me!
   The new microphone arrived today, it's a beautiful thing.  I set it up and ran a test track to make sure it was in good working order, all is well.  I'll need to work with it for a little while to get familiar with it's sound characteristics, but I think it's going to get me a little closer to recording nirvana.
  That's it for now,  here's your daily dose of wisdom:

"If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?"
- Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

No comments:

Post a Comment