Friday, August 27, 2010

Day Fifty

Fifty days of this insanity, at least my one follower hasn't bailed out yet.
     Well it's Friday, and we have no gig this weekend, it's good to have a breather after last weeks double header.  But I could have handled playing again this weekend, as long as it was not on the other side of the world.  The traveling is the hardest part, and you can easily spend more than you make in gas and lodging.
Fortunately there are many kind hearted folks who are willing to give a traveling musician shelter from the storm.  You meet the nicest people playing music.
   I worked in the studio today for a few hours.  I have a bunch of tunes that I've recorded rough tracks for, now I need to dig in and get them cleaned up and ready for actual production.  As they say at recording engineers anonymous, "One song at a time".
That's it for today, have a great weekend!  Here's your final words of wisdom for the week:

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever. 
Brian Wilson


  

No comments:

Post a Comment