Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day Forty Four

I don't get it, if  4 is spelled f o u r, why is 40 spelled f o r t y, the english language is a mysterious thing.  This is one of the reasons I never excelled in school, my apparent disdain for authority. I just don't like rules, even if they seem to make sense, I just don't like others telling me what to do.  While this independent streak may sound noble, it has caused me nothing but pain.  And still, I seem to have no control over it.  There should be a twelve step program for  the hopelessly independent.  But now that I think about it, I'm sure it wouldn't work out.  As previously stated, the hopelessly independent would never take the good advice that would be necessary to correct their abhorrent behavior.  Besides, in my small but conclusive study on the subject, I have determined that it is a genetic flaw.  And after all, if you can't blame your parents for all of your short comings then what good are they. 
      I think I got off track there, but that's the good thing about this blogging thing, there is no track. 
I have finally had some communication with my E-bay guy, he was starting to make me a bit nervous.  He has assured me that the microphone will be overnighted to me.  So I should have it in my grimey little hands very soon.  My biggest concern is that I'll have to re-record all of the vocal tracks that I've already  finished.
Oh well, it never hurts to get in a little extra vocal exercise. 
  I think I've cleared my mind now, here's your daily dose of wisdom:


Do not be surprised when those who ignore the rules of grammar also ignore the law. After all, the law is just so much grammar. ~Robert Brault

No comments:

Post a Comment