Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day Twelve

 I managed to control my intake of muffins today, for as Ben Franklin once said, " A little bit of Muffin goes a long way."  He may have been referring to something else, I don't know.  That may not be a direct quote, but creative license can make for a much more enjoyable reading experience.  
  I spent some time in the studio today mixing and massaging some tracks, searching for the holy grail. 
It would have been great to have had this equipment and musical interest as a young sprout, I can only imagine the many hours I could have wasted while accidentally learning a useful trade.  But I was raised in the firm belief that no one enjoys their job, and that going to work every day and doing something you hate is  just a fact of life.  I never even questioned this philosophy, did someone say no re-do's?  
  I started working on a new song today, it's coming along well.  I should have it pretty well wrapped up tomorrow.  I'll take it for a spin and see if it has any staying power.   You never know if it's a keeper until you've worked all the kinks out and played it for a while.  If you lose interest in it, then it probably isn't worth dragging around and irritating people with.  A lot of folks are to polite to tell you when you suck, this is when your friends are very important to the process.  I've been writing for a while, so I pretty much know when I suck, but it's always good for someone to confirm your suckiness.  
  Until Tomorrow


Today Words of Wisdom:
Bacteria is sometimes the only culture some people have.


No comments:

Post a Comment