Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day Eight

Today was pretty much a day of goofing off, I'm really starting to get into the groove of this!
I did talk to someone about a recording project, it's not going to be a money maker, but there are more important things in this world than money. At least I'm going to stick to that philosophy until I run out of it. At that point I may reassess my philosophies.
I dropped off some CD's at a funky little place in town with hopes of getting a gig there. Summer is traditionally a slow season here in the sunshine state, so opportunities are few and far between. But there are pockets of musical happenings, you've just got to find them. And then find folks who aren't afraid to leave the safety of their air conditioners to venture out in search of entertainment. It seems that everyone has 400 channels of crap on their television these days, and there's still nothing to watch. A little live music might be just what the doctor ordered.
I guess that's it for today, except for my daily words of wisdom.

Like, What is the least often heard sentence in the English language? That would be: Say, isn't that the banjo player's Porsche parked outside?
Jackson Browne

No comments:

Post a Comment