Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day Nine

OK, so I have a few extra musical gizmos hanging around the studio, and I figure I can tidy up a bit by selling them on E-bay. I do a mini photo shoot of everything, and get them all listed, feeling like I've accomplished something. Then sit back and wait.... for all the stupid questions I'm going to get. One guy asks me if I have a picture of this particular item working? I don't know how a picture of a CD duplicator working would really prove anything, but I plugged her in and took a couple shots with the lights on. Yes, another happy customer. Then I get a question about a guitar preamp, asking if I can describe the tones which are possible from this unit.
Oh man, this is not going to be as easy as I had thought. I sent him back a list of the various controls on the unit and hoped he had a good imagination. I guess I could have said something like, "dude the tones from this mother will melt your panty hose", but I've never actually seen this happen, so I'd be lying.
It's obvious to me, and probably anyone who knows me, that my career as a salesman would have been a very short one. My interpersonal skills are somewhat lacking, I've even been described by some as grumpy. "He's the nicest grump I know" is the usual description people give of me. But I manage to remain up beat even in the midst of adversity. It really throws people off to encounter an upbeat grump, they just don't know how to handle that.
Well I think that's it for today. Here are your daily words of wisdom:

Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it. ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment