Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day Four

Another day in paradise! Today I talked with my favorite web designer, we're working out the technical details of the new web site. It's amazing how many stupid ideas I can come up with and never even break a sweat. She usually gets me back on track quickly by telling me what a dork I am. I guess we all need reminding of that once in a while.
I worked a little bit in the studio on a guitar part for the song I recorded on Monday. It usually takes me a little bit of screwing around with a tune before I really know where it's going. I think I'm still in the screwing around phase on this one.
I received a contract for one of our July gigs today, yes, a contract. We don't usually have this kind of paper work to deal with. We normally tell people we'll do something, and they say OK, and that's it. I'd say we have a pretty impressive record when it comes to showing up and doing what we said we'd do. But a contract makes it feel like your really important, people assume you have a legal department that takes care of these kind of things. That you have attorneys on retainer to cross your T's and dot your I's. Truth is, we just sign on the dotted line and hope for the best.
So I think I'll head back into the studio and do some more noodling. You never know when the noodle God is going to smile down on you. But you better be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment