Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day Ten

Sorry I'm late with the Friday report, but we went out to dinner last night with our good friends Norm and Maggie. Norm sings, plays percussion, and accordion in The Ashley Gang, and has been a musical compadre of mine for some time. Maggie is a wonderful person and the perfect compliment to Norm's normishness. They are relocating about four and a half hours north of us, so this was the big kiss off. We will miss Norm's peculiar insight into the world, he knows things that most folks don't want to know. Cover your ears Helen!!
My E-bay adventures have leveled off, I'm watching things percolate right now. I think I may actually sell this stuff. I'm starting to look around the house for other things I can put a price tag on. This is a good way to clean house and put a little money in the pocket, heck, nobody will miss that big TV that was just hanging around on the living room wall!
I'm pondering upgrading my recording program, I use Logic Pro 8 right now, and I've really come to like it. But Logic Pro 9 has been out for a little while and I hear it calling my name. It has some new and exciting features that 8 doesn't have, someone get this devil off my shoulder!
The rest of my recording rig works great and I think will be with me for some time. I use a Fireface 800 to connect my inputs to my Mac Pro, it works flawlessly and sounds great. I have two Aphex stereo tube preamps and an Avalon designs VT737sp, the only other thing I'm lusting over, right now, is a Neumann TLM49 microphone. I'm using an Audio Technica 4050 for vocals right now, and it really does a great job, but, there's that devil again!
I guess that's a wrap for today, or yesterday. Here's your words of wisdom.

If you haven't found something strange during the day, it hasn't been much of a day.
John A. Wheeler

No comments:

Post a Comment