Monday, June 28, 2010

Day Eleven & Weekend Update

This weekend was HOT!!! I'm pretty sure everyone else from the state has either headed for the Carolina mountains or has hunkered down in the AC. I usually go through a Summer depression, similar to what the northern folks go through in the winter months, cabin fever Florida Style. Except for the occasional trip to Home Depot and the grocery store, the paparazzi probably wont catch me out on the streets.
I did get in a short recording session with one of my regular studio peeps on Sunday. Things went really well and she was here and gone in a flash. We layed down the guitar and vocal tracks for one of her songs and then did a track of harmony vocals. There's nothing better than someone who comes in and knows what they want to do, and just does it. Ahmen!
Today was relatively uneventful. I worked on mixing some tunes, I believe there is some kind of magic in the art of mixing, I need one of those Harry Potter wands. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it, oh, they are!
I also made some of my Magic Muffins, pat. Pending. I came up short on some of my standard magic ingredients and had to improvise, yes, scary. I got hooked on these things a long time ago, like some kind of muffin junky, I can't get this muffin off my back. It's a major undertaking to whip up a batch of these things, the ingredient list is as long as my arm, but like every good junky, I have no choice in the matter. At least not until someone performs a muffin intervention.
Until tomorrow, I'm off to get a muffin!

Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty.
~Sicilian Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment