Friday, June 18, 2010

Day Five

Has it been a week already? Time sure flies when your in a constant state of confusion. We headed out today in hopes of securing a gig at a funky little cafe downtown, only to find they were not open for lunch for some reason. Oh well, I shall pursue this next week. We did manage to get some lunch at a little Italian joint right next to our original destination, so all was not lost. With mass quantities of food in our stomachs we made our way to our next mission, which was to return some previous purchases made by my lovely wife. I'm pretty sure that women go shopping for things they don't really need, just so they can have the joy of returning them and starting the cycle all over again. I think it must trigger a pleasure receptor somewhere in their frontal cortex. The old Frontal cortex, I think that's a move used frequently in professional wrestling. I plan on doing an in depth study about this someday or possibly a doctoral thesis on the subject.

I also prepared for the Saturday gig at the Ormond Beach Seafood festival. I'm doing my best not to forget anything important, which I have a reputation for doing. My real problem is that I like to travel light, which is not a very good idea if it means forgetting a piece of gear that you are going to need, like your guitar or the CD's. But I think I've got it all assembled in one pile to head out the door at 6:30 tomorrow morning. That sounds early!
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment