Monday, June 14, 2010

Day one

Well it's been a great life so far, now everything changes! At the tender age of 52 I find that my field of expertise has all but vanished from modern existence. yes, I was a CABINET MAKER! The new economy has no room for the labor of the American male, so I shall forge onward and re-define myself.
My lack of a degree from any institute of higher learning has me at a definite disadvantage in the job market. After all, the stock clerk at Wal-mart has a masters degree in literature, I'm sure he's a blast at the company parties. And after being self employed for the past 30 years, I'm virtually untrainable.

I have through the years had some success, small as it may be, in the music business. As a singer/songwriter based in the beautiful state of Florida. It looks like this now will become a part of my new plan of survival. It has always been nice to have something to keep me focused in my spare time, I'm afraid of what it will become if I have to depend on it to survive. Part B of my multi pronged survival strategy will be to use the small state of the art recording facility I have created to provide recording services at a decent price to local musicians.

So this is where we are right now. I'll do my best to keep this current and report the various adventures as they unfold. I'm sure it will be like watching those Jack Ass Movies, but fear not,

I'll be squirming right along with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment