Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day Seventy Seven

I crafted some Djembe stands down at the cabinet shop the other day, I figure I may as well use all of this wood working equipment for my own evil purposes.  I thought that our flute/djembe player might appreciate not having to sit down when she goes into djembe mode.  I built one to use in the studio and one for the road.   My first prototype was a bit aboriginal, but I improved my design for #2 in the series.  I've got all the kinks worked out  now and it works just like I planned it.  It looks pretty stylish as well.
   The trick to getting a good sound when recording one of these drums is to have one mic underneath it to pick up the bass frequencies and one mic on top to get the sound of the top.  I've already used it in the studio for one track, a brush track for a song I've been messing around with.  I think we'll debut it at our gig in Sebastian on November 5 at the library coffee house.
Until tomorrow, here's your daily dose of wisdom:

 People who don`t take care of their drums really annoy me.



1 comment: