Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day Eighty Five

Another day in cabinet land today.  Our mission was to tear out an old kitchen from a second floor condo and haul the mess away.  I'm pretty sure that they were the original cabinets, probably been there for twenty years.  They were originally a medium brown wood cabinet but some creative soul decided they'd look better in a sky blue color.  As grandpa used to say "To each his own".  We were finished by noon, it takes a lot less time to tear a kitchen out than it does to put one in.  That's Friday's mission, to install the new cabinets.
   In other news, the fall garden is looking pretty good.  The green beans are starting to climb the trellis, my beets have popped out of the ground, and the carrots are starting to get those fuzzy carrot leaves going on.
I make my own compost with kitchen scraps and use it in the garden to sweeten up the soil.  I usually get a few renegade vegetables from the seeds in the compost, this time I have a bunch of tomato plants and some garlic plants.   I've never grown garlic before, but it sounds like a good idea.
   Until tomorrow, here's your daily dose of wisdom:

Weather means more when you have a garden.  There's nothing like listening to a shower and thinking how it is soaking in around your green beans.  ~Marcelene Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment