Friday, December 31, 2010

12/31/10

Happy New Years Eve everyone!  We wrapped the year up in style with a new addition to the family.  My daughter gave birth to the newest member of the family at 2:33 Christmas morning.  The little guy had some blood sugar problems and had to be put on IV in the NICU initially, he just wanted to get our attention. 
Mom , Dad and baby are home now and everyone is doing well.  We think we'll keep him!
    While all this was going on I was trying to get my entry into the Will McLean song writing contest put together.  I had plenty of time this year and still managed to screw myself up.  I had added a little production to the tune, bass, mandolin, and some harmony vocals, it was really sounding great.  I then went to download the application a few days before the deadline, and found some disturbing contest rules.  Very specifically, they wanted just a solo recording of one voice and one instrument, no overdubs, plain Jane.  So the set me back to square one. My initial tracks were recorded with the full arrangement in mind, so I had to re-record everything based on a solo type recording.  This may sound easy, but at the time I was in charge of caring for a crazed boston terrier named Winston.  He is not good in a studio environment.  That, and with new baby missions to accomplish I found myself in the usual insane mad dash for the finish line. When Winston curled up next to me on my pillow wednesday morning and started snoring at 5am I knew that was a sign to get out of bed and hit the studio to get this finished without any dog barks or phone calls.  So I wrapped it up and got it mailed a day before the deadline, thanks Winston. 
   Everyone have a great new year, we'll see you in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment