Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day One Hundred Eleven

Preparations for the Gamble Rogers Memorial Celebration this saturday have begun here in Pretzel Stick land.  I'm working on remembering a tune we recorded a while back called "The Haunting"which was written as a tribute to Gamble.  I never had the opportunity to meet the man, and in my usual way, would probably not have taken full advantage of the situation had it happened.  If regrets were riches we'd all be wearing diamonds.   And while he may be gone from the land of the living, he still has quite a presence in the oldest city.  It's hard to walk through the streets of St. Augustine and not be reminded of the man.  So on Saturday we'll get together with a bunch of our music making friends and let the good times roll.  I'm sure Gamble would approve.
  Until tomorrow, here's your daily dose of wisdom:
OK, I searched for an appropriate word to the wise and couldn't find a good one, so drive safely.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment