Thursday, January 27, 2011

1/27/11

The kleenex is flying here at Renaissance central, the misses and I seem to have contracted a rare form of folk flu.  I've still managed to work all week, but I've been slightly grumpier than usual.  I know, it's hard to believe!  This works out perfectly as I had set a side some down time for just such a disease to run it's course.  I should be back in the saddle in time for the next gig.
      In the "what have our elected officials done for us lately department" here are a couple tidbits to ponder.  Our legislators have banned the sale of bath salts in the state of Florida.  Thank God, how long were they going to let such outright disregard for the proper use of personal cleaning products go on.  Apparently kids have been snorting this stuff and getting quite a buzz, with some dangerous side effects.  There was a time when stupidity was it's own reward.  Before lawyers ruled the world the stupid would methodically kill themselves off, leaving more real estate around for those of us who chose not to snort bath salts, ahh, the good old days.  
    I also heard one of our elected knuckle heads has proposed a law to ban texting while walking.  This after a goofy chick stumbled into a mall fountain while texting.  I don't think I can stand all this protection.
Why doesn't someone propose a law to ban laws that protect people from the consequences of their own stupidity.  There's a law we could live with, well, some of us!
   Here's your daily dose of wisdom:

This is an actual law in the state of Florida - Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.
"Not to mention a really bad idea"

No comments:

Post a Comment