Tuesday, March 22, 2011

3/22/11

Back to the music.  After my ramblings on the sate of the world yesterdayI thought I had better get back to
a topic I actually know something about.  Then I realized, there is no such subject.  So I'll tell you of my weekend adventures instead.
     Cindy and I went into the big city of Vero Beach Friday evening to catch a south Florida musician who happened to be passing through.  Joel Zoss was playing at  a place called Bodega Blue,  a funky little place with good food, 400 different beer varieties, and lots of noisy folks.  Joel did a fine job of entertaining the few folks who were actually listening to him.  He's a great player and has some really fine tunes up his sleeve.  To bad some of the people there weren't considerate enough to tone it down and listen.  Oh well, the life of a traveling musician aint for sissies.
   Saturday evening we headed for the Sebastian Inlet where they were holding there Night Sound concert series.  We had the pleasure of being entertained by Rod MacDonald and Tracy Sands, in honor of the St Patrick Day festivities.  Rod is one of my all time favorite song writers and I had never heard him with Tracy before.  They are really great together, they did a lot of Irish material and Rod managed to squeeze in some of his tunes as well.  The gigantic full moon rose up out of the mangroves around 8:00 directly behind the stage, it was a magical evening indeed.
  Until we meet again, here are your daily words of wisdom:
      
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There’s also a negative side.
Hunter S. Thompson:

No comments:

Post a Comment